What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files generated by websites and stored in the user's web browser on any device (PC, laptop, mobile phone, etc.). These files contain information that allows our online store to remember information about your visit, to identify you as a specific user and to save your personal preferences, as well as technical information such as specific pages you visit.
Types of Cookies
There are different types of cookies depending on their duration, purpose and manager. Here are the different types:
According to Duration
- Session Cookies. Session cookies are designed to collect and store information while the user accesses a website. They are automatically deleted when the user closes the browser. Nothing is preserved on the user's computer beyond the time spent on the site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies keep data stored on the user's browser and can be accessed and processed for a period of time set by the website that can range from a few minutes to several years.
According to its Purpose
- Technical Cookies. They allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different services that exist in it, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing the web parts of Access restricted, remember the elements that integrate an order among others.
- Customization Cookies. They allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user's browser, such as the language or type the type of browser through which accesses the service.
- Analysis Cookies. They allow the website to monitor and analyze the activity of the users of the web pages to which they are linked. Information collected through this type of "cookies" is used for example in the measurement of website activity or profiling.
- Advertising Cookies. They allow the effective management of advertising spaces that have been included in the website or application from which the service is provided. They allow the content of the advertisement to be adjusted so that it is relevant to the user and to avoid displaying ads that the user has already seen.
- Behavioral Advertising Cookies. They allow to store information of the behavior of the users obtained through the continuous observation of their habits of navigation, which allows to develop a specific profile to show advertising in function of the same.
According to its Manager
- Own Cookies. The cookies themselves are sent to the user's terminal equipment (PC, laptop, tablet, etc.) from a computer or domain managed by the website's own publisher and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third Party Cookies. Third party "cookies" are sent to the user's terminal equipment (PC, laptop, tablet, etc.) from a computer or domain managed by another entity other than the website's own editor dealing with data obtained through cookies . Also cookies are those of third parties those installed by the publisher of the website but managed by a third party.
Cookies used on the Web
Browser Cookie Management
The user has the option to allow, block or delete the cookies installed in his browser. The steps to do this are different for each browser, you can find instructions in the help menu of your browser.
You can also view the "cookies" that are on your computer through your browser. As mentioned above, "cookies" are small text files, so you can open them and read the contents of them, although you will not find meaning to the stored information since it is almost always encrypted.